Meet Seth Eisenberg, Trial Lawyer
Seth Eisenberg is the founder of The Eisenberg Firm. He is a seasoned trial lawyer with significant trial and appellate court experience in Georgia. He understands the importance of honesty and integrity both in and outside the courtroom. Most importantly, Seth is a personal injury and government liability law specialist having obtained victories worth millions of dollars to his clients.
After graduating from Emory University and Georgia State University College of Law with high marks, Seth was hired by a top tier insurance defense firm in Atlanta, Georgia. Seth defended insurance companies against claims of premises liability, negligent security, contract dispute and motor vehicle accident. Seth gained valuable knowledge working with adjusters and corporate executives responsible for personal injury cases and learned the critical factors in how these evaluators calculate the value of these claims.
Seeking more significant opportunity in high-profile cases, Seth moved to the City of Atlanta Department of Law where he began his employment as an Assistant City Attorney. He was quickly promoted to a Senior Attorney position and saved the City of Atlanta over $50 million dollars in damages as a result of his courtroom success. Seth experienced noteworthy victories in the state and federal trial and appellate courts; litigating cases arising out of premises liability, motor vehicle accident, bicycle accident, slip and fall, police pursuit, nuisance, breach of contract and pension class action. His success led to his recognition as a rising young talent by the Fulton County Daily Report.
Seth grew up in New Jersey and now proudly resides in Candler Park in Atlanta, Georgia. He is blessed with an amazing family for which he gives complete credit to his beautiful wife, Suzanne. When he is not trying to keep up with his two kids, Sam and Sela, Seth enjoys spending time on the Atlanta Beltline, playing Golf and Tennis, listening to classic 80’s rock music, and getting angry at his favorite sports team, the Philadelphia Eagles.
Appeared before the Supreme Court of Georgia and secured unanimous decision dismissing a $48,000,000.00 class action lawsuit filed by pension plan members against the City of Atlanta, seeking to invalidate pension reform of employees’ retirement benefits.
- STEPHEN BORDERS et al. v. CITY OF ATLANTA et al., Case No. S15A0816, 779 S.E.2d 279 (Ga. Nov. 2, 2015).
Prevailed in Fulton County Superior Court and obtained dismissal of a $5,900,000.00 lawsuit filed by AT&T against the City of Atlanta for reimbursement of utility relocation costs incurred to accommodate the construction of Atlanta Streetcar.
- BELLSOUTH TELECOMMUNICATIONS, LLC d/b/a AT&T GEORGIA v. CITY OF ATLANTA and MARTA, Case No. 2014CV255137 (Fulton County Superior Court, October 15, 2015).
Appeared before the Georgia Court of Appeals and prevailed in achieving appellate reversal of a lower court order that exposed the City of Atlanta to uncapped monetary liability for maintenance of a nuisance for failing to enforce police pursuit high-speed chase policy.
- CITY OF ATLANTA v. MCCRARY et al., Case No. 328 Ga. App. 746, 760 S.E.2d 696 (2014).
Speaking Engagements and Publications:
- April 2015 - Speaker on topic of GOVERNMENT PENSIONS at International Municipal Lawyers Association (IMLA) 2015 Mid-Year Conference in Washington, DC.
- April 2014 – Speaker on topic of STEPHEN BORDERS et al. v. CITY OF ATLANTA et al. at City of Atlanta Local Government Seminar in Atlanta, GA.
- Published article entitled Hazardous Condition: The Status of Illegal Immigrants and Their Entitlement to Workers’ Compensation Benefits, in the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal Winter 2008 Edition.
Admitted to practice law in the Georgia Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Georgia, the U.S. Northern District of Georgia, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Member, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and Legislative Committee
- Member, Georgia State, Fulton and Dekalb County Bar Associations
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta
- Board Member, Candler Park Neighborhood Organization, Inc.